Concentrated source of heart-healthy fats.
Contain more potassium than a banana.
Good source of fiber.
Avocados are at their peak level of ripeness when they yield to firm pressure. At this point, their skin color is usually dark green to nearly black.
- Use a sharp chef's knife to cut the avocado in half.
- Be sure to cut all the way around the pit.
- Twist the two halves to separate.
- Use your knife to then cut around the half containing the pit.
- Simply twist apart, removing the pit.
- Use a spoon to then remove the whole avocado from the shell if necessary.